Heaters, Furnaces, Heat Pumps in Redding, CA
Heating Air Conditioning Companies in Redding
Find Local HVAC Companies
Fall Inspection For HVAC Systems
As fall approaches, and the temperatures start to decline in Redding California, it’s time to start thinking about preparing your HVAC system for winter. In Redding we have grown to take our air conditioners as a basic utility. We fail to remember that it wasn’t too long ago that air conditioning was a luxury. And with energy prices always on the rise, it’s important to keep your HVAC system in peak performance for the hot days of summer and the cold months of winter.
The following are a few tips for preparing your HVAC system for winter
1) Furnace Inspection
- Call an HVAC professional to inspect your furnace and clean ducts.
- Stock up on furnace filters and change them monthly.
- Consider switching out your thermostat for a programmable thermostat.
- If your home is heated by a hot-water radiator, bleed the valves by opening them slightly and when water appears, close them.
- Remove all flammable material from the area surrounding your furnace.
2) Air Conditioner Winterization
- Rake leaves and debris away from the outdoor condenser. Trim any bushes that might block airflow in the spring and damage your unit during winter storms
- Have your HVAC professional clean and service your AC unit so it is ready for next spring’s heat
- Purchase a cover specifically for your air conditioner – simply covering with plastic or a tarp can lead to rust and costly repairs.
Contact your local HVAC specialists for tips and advice on the best methods for preparing your home's air conditioning unit for the long, cold winter months ahead. Like they say, an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure!
The HVAC contractors provide heating, air conditioning, and HVAC services to customers throughout the Redding area. For more information on their Air Conditioning services in Redding, please visit their website.